after strolling through there (pretty quickly) we took the tram down into the zoo. The kids LOVED the tram! We rode the ponies (Ella's favorite part)
Then we saw some animals, fed the lorikeets
Ella kept trying to go off the concrete into the roped off garden. I kept pulling her out. She was just so excited that she could feed the lorikeets nectar. She tried to drink the nectar too. She though it was a sample (like at costco) silly girl.Then Joseph had his first cheetos.
I think he's in LOVE.
Climbed the rock wall/palm trees.
(Anson's REALLY good at this, he should maybe look into getting a job at the PCC?)
Saw more animals, including the elephants
and these stinky, but intriguing flamingos. (if you can stand the smell. yuck!)
Did you know that they feed them a beta carotene rich diet to intensify their color in captivity? (wild flamingos aren't as vibrant)of course we had a great time riding the carousel
more wild animals
we were really close to this guy. He looks so fluffy and soft. I don't think he'd like us to try and touch him though. I hear they are a little mean.Zebras are so cool
This guy wanted to tour the zoo too
We ended our day taking the tram back up the hill to the Botanical Gardens. As we walked out through the gardens we found this guy struggling to get out of the fountain. We saved his life by encouraging another boy that was also worried about him to scoop him out. The boy gently laid him on the edge, then ran away (I think we may have scared him by being nice to him?)Ella said maybe we should kiss him so he'll turn into a Prince.
1 comment:
That zoo looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment