Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Playdate

 Anytime we have a playdate with someone, it seems as though their is rarely someone Joseph's age. He never complains (hehe) or even seems bored. He wanders. He wanders between kids and toys, and mom's. Mom's that have food or drink to share. This boy loves to eat, so if there is food, and someone willing to share, he doesn't mind that he spends his time playing solo, or with the moms. Not that the big kids don't play with him, they just move a lot faster, or rougher and he just doesn't care to keep up.

Well, I have been wanting to have Joseph's friend Jade over, and her mom, my friend Laci, over for awhile. Finally we made it happen, days before Jade was to get a new baby brother! They two of them had so much fun together. We started at the playground. The swings were the main attraction. You can't tell by the underwhelmed expression on his face, but Joseph was having a ton of fun. In fact, he said
weeee, weeeee, weeee" the ENTIRE time he was swinging, barely taking breaks to breath. It was quite humorous!
Next, the big toy. The two loved this, although we discovered yet another hornets nest under it, so we decided to move on.
 I don't have any pictures after this point... we must have been having way too much fun! We moved on to the pool, and another little friend joined us, baby Kate! My friend Kellye nannies for a family that has a one year old (she happens to be the same size as Jade & Joseph) and they played great together. It was nice to get together and let the babes play while the ladies chat.

And don't worry, we didn't forget about Ella! She was with us the whole time, except she was enjoying daddy time... she LOVED having dad all to herself. They had some great jumping contests into the pool!

2 comments:

grammaDawn said...

You're still swimming....outside? I should move there. Our weather has been a total bummer the past couple years.
BTW, I'm spending way too much time with Our Best Bites......thanks for that.

Laci said...

Yay, I made it onto your blog! I'm a little behind on my blog reading, but I'm almost caught up. We had a ton of fun with you guys. We should get together again soon, once everyone's healthy again.