Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Back to School

(okay, this post is late... we started school 2 1/2 weeks ago. But better late than never, right?!)

The first day of school is always an exciting one. My boys... 3rd & 1st. Can hardly believe it! They are growing so fast! Nothing but excitement for Anson. Tanner, though a little excited at this point, but was also nervous.

Typical Anson & Tanner


Who's that watching us with that cute little face pressed against the window?
Overall it was a great first day of school for the boys. They came home happy, excited, and loving their teachers/classes. Tanner, my more reserved child even wrote on our big white board, "I LOVE 3rd GRADE!" I was so happy to see this! Especially since he was not excited to go back to school. Anson, as always, said his day was "AWESOME!"
I wasn't ready for the school year to start this year. I was enjoying having all the kids home, free to do as we pleased. Swimming, biking, running, playing... and all the other things we did all summer long... but I was looking forward to getting back into our schedules. Always a bitter sweet time of year. I was really excited about their new teachers. We were able to meet them 2 days before school started and they made great first impressions on me and on the boys. Yeah! I always enjoy school supply shopping. Don't you just love the smell of new pencils & erasers! And paper! I love paper!

Welcome back school time!

1 comment:

Laura Call said...

They are so big, Dacia! Wow. Such handsome boys. Glad to see you blogging so we can stay up to date on how your family is doing. It seems like you guys are doing well and enjoying it where you are... so happy for you! Although, Iknow you're missed here.