Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

bitty ballerina... & tap.

Ella & I have been soooOOO excited for her ballet/tap class to start. We researched studios, visited several and finally decided on the perfect place for her. We pulled out her leotard and ballet skirts. We shopped for tap & ballet shoes (can I just say they are so cute when so small?!) We were all ready for the first day.

That morning we got the big boys off to school, ate breakfast and put on her ballet clothes. I put her hair up into a cute bun, (which she refers to as "ballet hair" like as in, "mom, can you put my hair in ballet hair, please?"--good thing that hair has grown back!) and off we went to her first dance class!
They start off with tap, so they parents can put their shoes on for them before class starts, then when they transition to ballet, the girls can just slip on their ballet shoes by themselves.

Ella was instantly in love. She listened to her teacher, like it was just the two of them in class. She was smiling almost the entire time and did such a great job. She's a natural!



Then they transitioned to ballet. I didn't know a girl could get even happier!
At the end before leaving class, they all learned to curtsy to their teacher. Adorable, isn't it?! It was just so cute to watch her class. They don't let the parents come in to class usually, so this was a special treat for the first day of class... I was elated. I am so happy we put her in the class. It's worth it!
She practices a lot too... especially the curtsy.
LOVE this girl of mine!

No comments: