Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Teenie little super tree... and bakerama

Teenie little super tree...
(props to the first person to figure out what that is a reference too.
Give you a clue, it's old school, like from when we were little kids)
Yes, this tree is as skinny as it appears, no optical illusion. It's great for the front room we currently have because there is not much room in there; therefore, skinny tree. My brother tells me it looked a little... anorexic. Ba humbug to him. I like it and it works for now. There really are lights all the way to the bottom of the tree, but for some reason when I took this picture they don't show as lit... kids must have been playing with the outlet again. There was also a train around the base, but it's covered with presents...
Above, this is the face Ella makes when you tell her to say cheese, or if you tell her to close her eyes. I think I had told her to say cheese in this picture.

The boys are excited for their new wii games.
All in all, I didn't take enough pictures of Chrismas, but at least you get a sneak peek into what we were up to.

BAKERAMA
Worthy of it's own post, is my holiday baking. Another moment I didn't take enough pictures of. For all of you that did not receive some of these goodies... I apologize. I made enough, I was just sick all during the holidays and finally (yes, more than a month & 1/2 later) getting better.

Mint Oreo Truffles, dipped in white chocolate.
Oh so yummmmmy... if you haven't had one of these yet, let me know. I'll make you some. They are to die for. (and that's even coming from me, the non-chocolate lover)
Vanilla Fudge
I think it's better than reg. fudge, but then again, who am I kidding... fudge just has too much chocolate in it... vanilla fudge has just the right amount. (none)
I did other things, but didn't take pictures. Then of course there was the traditional making of my favorite "Christmas Cocoa" mix. There was nothing better through all those snow days then to play all day, then come inside and drink a nice steaming mug of minty deliciousness. Again, if you would like some, come on over... I still have plenty to share!

3 comments:

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Mmmm, I sure do love those truffles. Honestly the only truffles I could say I love. You may bring me some anytime...though I won't hold my breath waiting for them.
Thanks for sharing Dacia!

Erin Dooley said...

Great pictures and those truffles look so good. I won't make you make me any but...hmmm...maybe next Christmas:)

sher said...

those truffles are the best....anyway you'd share the recipe....
I mean I would love it if you made them for me everytime I wanted them, but I have a feeling your not up for that.