Monday, January 12, 2009
Gingerbread, gingerbread
One of my most favorite things to do before Christmas is to build at least one gingerbread house with the kids. Sometimes I build two or more (one for them to decorate however they wish and then the others for me to decorate... OCD like) This year I opted to just do one and let them go for it. I let go of my gingerbread OCD and enjoyed the very creative house we built together. Since I was trying to hold the pieces together until they were more stable, Tanner & Anson took these pictures.

Ella was very happy to eat as much candy as her brothers would give her. I think I was a little distracted, because she looks like she ate quite a bit of gingerbread, frosting and candy.

Now, after we were finished we forgot to take a picture of the end result, but below you can imagine what it may have looked like before the kids started eating it. We let it stay on display until New Years Eve, so they had time to devour what they may. I often found Ella parked right by it. They actually did a great job,considering I let them decorate it all by themselves. I was only in charge of the frosting.
The boys enjoyed eating the house after it was destroyed too... we almost had to pry it from their hands to throw it away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment