Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Okay, enough is enough. It's been way too long. I'm sure by now most of you have stopped checking my blog. Those that were on the edge of their seats, anxious for more word from us, have long since returned to their normal daily activities and long since forgotten our blog existence. We are still here! Once I was behind on the blog, I didn't want to skip ahead to current, I wanted to catch you all up with what has gone on since my departure... but alas, the thought alone is daunting and I have succumbed to areview of the past few months. Bear with me.

Let's rewind to September. Remember this post? Where Joseph got all those curly locks cut? Well, a couple days later, as if like Sampson his hair was his strength, Joseph ended up in the hospital for severe croup. It was a little scary and definitely sad to see him scared, unable to breath and miserable. Luckily, after a couple days in the hospital, he was released. He is now doing great!
Of course, we swam a little more too. The water started to cool down, but we were still swimming through September. The last swim of the season? October 11th. Wow, definitely couldn't do that in Washington! By that time the weather was still warm enough to swim, (by Washington standards, so 70's/low 80's) but it cooled off at night, so the pool wasn't warm like in the summer. Chilly pool!
 Soccer Season was well underway. The boys were having a lot of fun. Ella was enjoying running around on the sidelines and conning people out of snacks. (can I have one of those? bat, bat, bat her eyelashes... where did she learn this?) Joseph just wanted to be on the field with the big boys. In fact we would often have to drag him off the field kicking and screaming. His favorite word? BALL.
 
 Devin & I went to the fair with some friends.
It was a lot of fun... although, sorry SC, you have nothing on the Puyallup Fair! Not even close.
  

This is a picture from Preschool at my house. We were taking a nature walk. Ella is in a co-op preschool with 2 of her friends, Nora and Giana. Joseph gets to tag-a-long when it's our week. Ella looks forward to preschool and asks almost every day "Is it preschool day today?"
  

She is also LOVING her tap/ballet class.
 

 In October Grandma & Grandpa Shumate came to visit! What a great way for Grandma Stella to celebrate her birthday, right?!
It was the first year the kids did REAL trick-or-treating (where you go door to door) It was so much fun walking through the neighborhood with co many kids around, feeling safe and part of the neighborhood. They seriously raked in huge amounts of candy! They were elated.
Halloween - Vampire, Indiana Jones, Tooth Fairy & tooth.
Then, we hoped in the car and headed to Charleston. We loved all the historic architecture and fun things to see. We spent some time on the beach too.
 And Anson found himself a spot to rest
 Of course in November was more soccer

 Anson lost 3 teeth... within a week.
 We spent more time at the zoo. It's such a fun zoo, so many things to see & do! The kids favorite activity has to be the rock wall
 and feeding the Lorikeets

Then Thanksgiving rolled around. We had 2 of our friends over (Chelsie & Whitney, they're sisters) We had a nice day. Devin played football in the morning. I cooked a LOT of food and the BEST turkey any of us had EVER eaten. (sorry Mom & Stella!) In fact, my mouth waters any time I think about it!
Oh, and it was 75 degrees Thanksgiving Day. Weird! Isn't it supposed to be cold? Or raining?


 Once we were in to December we enjoyed the fall leaves
 And Flag Football season

Anson had his Christmas Concert at school & the boys had their piano recital
1st Grade Christmas Concert
Piano Recital 12/2010 - (I don't know why it won't upload correctly...sorry!)
  We also had some friends over to build gingerbread houses. 
It was so much fun!
Of course there was so much that we have been doing over the last few months, but I don't think I can create a post that inclusive. It would be way too long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did have a lot of catching up. It's snowing and I'm reading about swimming! I just wanted to let you know you have the sweetest family and you are an awesome mom! Definitely a great rold model!

grammaDawn said...

Oh, so you haven't fallen off the face of the earth...good to know. Sounds like you're having a great time there and busy as ever. No wonder you've fallen short of the blog scene. Can't believe my 'little laurel' is all growed up. Thanks for the update.

smiles said...

Fun to see you back..miss you guys bunches!!!=-)

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Love Ella's red peacoat.
Is that all I had to say after that epic post?
Oh so tempted to just say Yep.
Um Yep