I get all the kids into the car, Ella insists on carrying her brothers lunches. We are headed off to school, often before the sun is up, Colonies blasting in our ears, the kids singing along. I race to the school (speed limit 45 mph - nice!) It takes me about 10 minutes there, 10 minutes back, just as long as I time it right. We pull into the school drop off line. Their school is a tight run ship. Everything works like clockwork. It is extremely impressive. I love it, they love it. Kisses & hugs and they are off for the day. We drive back home to begin the rest of our day.
So what is so wonderful about this early jaunt to the school and back? The hectic rush to get in the car? The fact that I now have a garage to park in so no more scraping ice or chasing Ella down the street?Although great, no.
It's the ride back. I get to watch the sunrise every morning. It makes the early mornings much more delightful. What a great way to start the day!
Now, since I am often driving when I see the sun rise, by the time I get home, I am often too late to take the most colorful fuschia sky pictures... but here are a few that we shot as soon as we drove into our neighborhood last week. Often the lake has a really cool misty fog over it in the mornings. Everything is pink, magenta purples and blues.
Then all of a sudden as the sun peaks out over the trees, everything bursts into golden hues.
No matter how crazy and hectic it was getting all the kids ready and out the door on time, it's hard not to just stop and admire the beautiful sky and earth Heavenly Father has created for us.
It's a great way to start (or refesh) your day!
8 comments:
I thought I would pop over to your blog to see how you guys are doing and I can't believe you MOVED!!! We often talk about making a Oregon/Washington trip and stopping to see you guys. Now I guess we'll have to start talking about going back east for a change. =) Your new house looks beautiful! What an exciting adventure for your family! Good luck with settling in and everything!
I can't believe you moved! Wow! And to South Carolina! Well guess what? Travis is going to be over there beginning in March. He actually joined the military and that is where his basic training is. My parents and I are going to visit him for graduation. Maybe we could see you!!
beautiful pictures sis!!!
Those pictures are gorgeous! Me and Jeremy have been talking about moving eastward in the future and those pictures and stories make me so ready to start the packing process! Simply beautiful!
You guys moved out the same weekend I moved back to Washington! I really like your pictures they look great! I heard Devin got some sort of promotion? What is he doing now-a-days?
-Chris
Amazing shots! As I was reading this, I had to reflect on the girl you were when I first 'really' got to know you as your Laurel advisor. I'm smiling, seeing where you are now.
It looks beautiful there, Love your house too, Dereck is trying to find a job now he just got laid off, but he did apply to a few in North Carolina, we will se how it goes.
How beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you guys are getting all settled in. New house, new school, new beautiful land to admire. Our world is wonderful.
Post a Comment