
There were several times in the final moments of our move that we were faced with the possibility of being homeless. There were things that had to happen in a timely manner, things that weren't happening. Yet we knew we were to move. We had faith. Faith that everything would work out how it was supposed to; that we would be taken care of. We could only do as much as we were able, then we needed to let the Lord do the rest.
We were merely pioneers. Embarking on a mission to leave our home that we know and travel east with all the belongings we can fit in our wagon and faith knowing that when we meet that land we are unfamiliar with, he will provide. He will provide a home, employment and a ward that is anxiously reaching out their arms to embrace us.
Things did work out, we did move as planned. We were homeless for a few days, but it all worked out. I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in my life. Without him I can accomplish nothing. With him I can accomplish anything.
Here is a brief update on the move cross country. I wrote the entire story, then decided it was MUCH too long to post. I may eventually change my mind, but for now, the readers digest version.
We finally arrived in the south and after a couple more days of little hiccups and such, we were able to get everything worked out and move into our new home! We were welcomed into our new ward by 20-30 people that showed up to help unload our moving truck and bring us dinner! What a way to be welcomed. The hospitality hasn't stopped there. The people here are very warm and friendly. It's very nice.
I'm so glad my sister made this trip with me. It made it much more manageable. My kids love her, she is a hard worker, and she LOVES to move, so this was right up her alley. And when it was all said and done, she even took the time to make us some DELICIOUS homemade bread before she headed back home. Thanks for coming out here Dani!
And so, without further ado....
Our new home! Here are a few pics. I will surely post more soon.
We are almost all settled in. Most things are unpacked and in a proper place. The boys are loving their new school, teachers and classmates. They LOVE the neighborhood, and are excited that there are a TON of kids in the neighborhood. We are slowly learning "southern" saying sir, ma'am, be good, ya'll and the such. Devin is enjoying his new job and I am looking forward to being completely unpacked and organized soon.
Be good & ya'll come back!
8 comments:
Glad you are getting settled in. That's so cool about all the people in your ward helping out. My favorite part about your house is the kitchen. It's beautiful! Call me anytime you want to talk.
Dacia - Beautiful home, and I love the blue color that's already on your wall. I've very happy for you!
Yeah so glad to see the post! But really we want the whole story, we don't mind if it is long.
So happy you are in your new home safe and sound. Your house is beautiful!! Hope to hear from you soon.
cute house. cute post. :)
Holy cow, can't believe my little Laurel is all growed up, kids of her own and making such a grown-up move to a far away land. I'm twice your age and never ventured that kind of distance.......
to live anyway. Wish you all the best. loveyameanit!
I am relieved to know you are actually in a home of your own, not the back of your car or a cheap hotel. I also think Dani is just wonderful for being your companion and worker bee.
Dacia I love you and am still keeping you all in my prayers. :)
Yeah! I'm glad you all made it there safely. Looks like you have room for the Roderick's to camp out in your Kitchen...we'll be right over in a couple of days...it will take that long to drive there!=-) NO...really, we sure miss you all, but are glad that you are settled and getting to know and like your new surroundings...sounds like your ward is already wonderful to you guys, but who wouldn't be?=-) Gives you a stronger testimony of knowing that the Gospel is true and same anywhere you go even if it is a million miles away from the place that you called home for the past "30 some" years! We sure love you guys and miss you badly, but are glad that you are happy and doing well. Take care and keep in touch...I am planning on starting a blog soon...wish me luck!=-) love you...Tiff=-)
Post a Comment