
That's what we heard prior to moving here, when we asked if South Carolina ever got snow. Yet, this last weekend, we got about 6 inches! I laughed a little when the weather was forcasting 3-6". I laughed a lot when the kids were sent home from school early because it "might" snow. I thought, wow, these people are worse than western washingtonians when they get a little snow, but at least they don't freak out until AFTER the snow. Here they prepare for the freak out. People were frantically buying up milk, bread and toilet paper. I calmly stayed at home, going about my normal day, and laughing all the while.

About 4 hours after the kids had returned from school (early, haha) it started to snow. Little tiny baby flakes. It gradually increased and continued, leaving us with a beautiful blanket of "when pigs fly" snow.

These are pictures of the trees from out my kitchen windows. It was late at this point, so the only light I had was the golden glow from the street lamps.
This was as the sun was coming up the next morning! Beautiful!
2 comments:
WOW, you had to cross the country to get snow...and at such a late date. Does this mean that the kids have to make up snow days now?
Hey Dacia!
I lived in Columbia 1991 - 1995, and we saw snow fall once while there...it barely dusted the ground.
I hope you love it there! :)
I'm a Gamecock Alumnus! :)
Post a Comment