Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

unglutenated

(yes, I know that "unglutenated" is not a real word)
This is my sis-in-law Jaqui. She's is uber-talented. She is an amazing photographer and super kind. She is fun to talk to and be around. Can you tell I like her? Well, this summer this cake loving, pastry adoring girl, found out that she has Celiac Disease. Therefore she has had to completely alter her diet to eliminate anything with gluten. (Major task, I tell you)

Well, I've always been one for a challenge, so I have taken a liking to making some gluten free recipes for her, particularly sweet things.
So, since cupcakes are just about my most favorite thing in the world, and I know how much she's missed cupcakes, for her birthday I made her gluten free vanilla cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting. THEY WERE SO GOOD! There were some things that were a little tricky, but the end result was delicious.
Even Joseph wanted a bite. Sorry buddy, maybe next time.
yum!

No comments: