
SO I suppose it's time for me to share the covetous recipe I have been withholding from all of you. (although I know I have told some of you where it originated... thank you Bakerella! You are inspiring!)
The most delicious Oreo Truffles (and that says a lot, coming from someone who doesn't often enjoy chocolate... and mostly claims to not like it, it's just not my thing!) So since, the weeks are flying by and very soon here I will have a new little baby to cuddle with at wee hours of the night, I am sharing this in hope that you will all be able to make them for yourselves for awhile... at least until I get back into the swing of things.
Oreo Truffles
1 pkg oreo cookies (I prefer the mint ones myself, but reg will do)
1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz.)
white chocolate bark, or whatever you like to melt down for your choc. dipping
(no Adrianne, cheese probably won't work)
1. Put cookies (filling & all) into blender and pulverize until crushed. (if using double stuf, take filling out of about 10 cookies, then pulverize with the remaining whole cookies)
2. pour into a bowl, add softened cream cheese and combine.
3.Roll into 1" balls, and place on waxed paper cookie sheet. If time allows I now put them in my fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up a bit to ease in choc dipping... otherwise, proceed to next step.
4.Melt choc. bark and proceed to dip balls in chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax covered baking sheet. At this point I usually decorate with sprinkles or swirls of chocolate.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and ENJOY!
4 comments:
I'm not a huge chocolate lover but I think I might have to try this one! Sounds sooooo good and my baby isn't due until the end of May so I still have time to pack on another 20:)
Yum! These look awesome. We'll have to give them a try!
I'm looking forward to trying these. I have been in a real mood to try new recipes. Unfortunately, I won't be eating too many of them though... Trying to loose that baby weight!
We finally had a chance to try this recipe. Yumm! We had a game night with some of our neighbors and well, they loved them. Thanks for the great recipe. Hope you and the family are doing well.
Post a Comment