Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

All I ever wanted for my birthday was a pineapple...

That's what Anson told me on his birthday. So Grandma Heather said, "Okay! Let's get you a pineapple!" He was so happy when he got home, as you can see... nothin's better than a fresh pineapple on your birthday!Being that we had just gotten back into town the day before, I didn't have a lot of time (or energy) to create a magnificent masterpiece that I like to create for a birthday cakes, so I resulted to buy a delicious Costco cake (actually Devin & Anson went and picked it out) for Anson's class... since we weren't doing an actual party on his birthday, we did candles again in the remainder after dinner and before presents. Yumm. One of these days I will have pics from his class (I just prego brained big time that day & forgot the camera... good thing his teacher loves to take pic too!)


Sometimes it's hard when your brother is getting so much attention and presents on his birthday... especially when your birthday is so close, and your so anxious for it... well, I suggested to Tanner, "why don't you make your brother a card" So after dinner, not only did he pull out a card for his brother, he pulled out a gift bag too. Inside, one of his favorite transformers, a very sweet handmade card, and a dollar from his piggy bank. What a nice brother! and he did this all on his own!
Ella, was quick to "borrow" the dollar from her brother. Don't worry, we did manage to wrangle it back eventually.

2 comments:

Travis and Jaqui said...

.....MmMMmMMMmmm Cake..

Anson is such a character. I am glad he got what he always wanted!

And Tanner is a sweetheart. What a good older brother.

Greg & Jen said...

A fresh pineapple... Yumm! Fresh fruit is always a favorite of mine. It's great that he got what he wanted. What a cute story.