Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pumpkins, Scones and more...

Tradition in October starts with a trip to Pumpkin Day at Coldwell Banker where Grandpa Call works. Every year they give away free pumpkins, play games, eat food, and play on the antique fire truck (which has a VERY loud horn.) The kids never want to miss it, it is a highlight for them. Ella thought she could not only carry a pumpkin for herself, but one for ? her doll maybe? She loves pumpkins and even after we had loaded all the pumpkins up that we were in need of, she was still trying to drag more out. I think they just have the perfect handle for a little girl.

The boys LOVE seeing Rhubarb, the Rainier's mascot.

Sometime after the pumpkin hunting, we gather together with some brave soul's and carve pumpkins. This year Travis & Jaqui and the Turner's came over. (Unfortunately the Turner's didn't seem to make it into any of the pictures, but really they were there!)

Everyone's favorite part... the fresh, hot, delicious, melt in your mouth, homemade scones. We even enjoyed them with homemade jam assortment. It was heaven. I could eat those every day. I should make those again soon. yumm.

Do you see any resemblance?

1 comment:

Travis and Jaqui said...

Ha! I love that picture of Ella with two pumpkins. Independent girl. You SHOULD make those scones again. And invite us over! lol. I probably ate a dozen of them!