Sometimes 3 months can feel so long... thankfully, eternity is longer.
Saturday we were trying to clean our house & recover from the last days of summer break and the first days of school, work and busy activities. Devin suggested I finally hang the pictures that have been displayed on the dining room table since the accident 3 months ago. I wasn't sure I was ready for that. We had talked about an "Ella wall" to display a collection of some favorite pictures. We hadn't however, decided where to put it. I wasn't sure I was ready for the pictures to be tucked away on some obscure wall. I also wasn't sure what wall to choose, and I have ALWAYS had picture hanging commitment issues. I mean, I LOVE a well decorated wall. But, when I hang pictures, I want to do it right the first time. I want the pictures arranged perfectly, lined up properly, spaced precisely, etc. This is where my perfectionism and design background sometimes plays as my down fall, because it has to be just right, or EVERY time I walk by it, look at it, it will drive me insane! And, this was our "Ella Wall," I wanted it to be perfect. So, could you image my hesitation? A lot was weighing on my mind.
Devin boldly suggested "the hallway wall would be a great place... but whatever you think" I hadn't thought of that. It's such a large wall (height wise) and it's a major focus. Very prevalent. Hmm, this might work. I started laying the frames out on the floor. Arranging, changing pictures in the frames, finding different frames, arranging some more until it was perfect. I was ready to put the nails in the
wall. I measured, marked, hammered and then finally I was finished. It was just how I wanted it. We have so many wonderful pictures of her, so I like that I have the option to change pictures out, without
having to rearrange the layout. Now, anytime I walk through the hallway, up the stairs, in or out of the house, I can see Ella. What a great way to remember her smiling, happy face.
I love this saying that I have hanging right in the middle of it all. This was given to me by my friends Cammie and Veronique. It's special to them, and they have it hanging in their homes too. They've both also experienced losing a child. Thank you both for sharing that with me.
And thank you sweetheart for pushing me to hang the pictures. It's even better now than on the dining room table, and it makes me smile every time I see it. I love you!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Dacia, it is perfect! I gave the same saying to my mother-in-law. She too has lost a child and only you who go through it know what it feels like. As for me... well, I think of you often and hope you are able to smile when you see pictures of your precious little angel.
Dacia it looks so great!! The first couple lines in your post just show how amazing your perspective is! I miss you! Love you!
Dacia it looks so great!! The first couple lines in your post just show how amazing your perspective is! I miss you! Love you!
Dacia, the wall looks great, but I'm dying to know what the saying says. These old eyes can't quite make it out.
I love it!=-) I have picture hanging commitments too...and don't really have too many on the walls...but, yours looks so...wonderful with Sweet Ella's pictures...I love you dear friend!=-)
I love that quote/saying. I need that next to the picture we have of my mom in our house. What a beautiful reminder wall!
Post a Comment