
There isn't much to it. I suggest wearing long pants and long sleeve shirt, or sweatshirt, so that you can really get into the bushes without to much pain and prickling... then pick away! This morning I had the pleasure of being accompanied by my new sister-in-law Allison, my brother Jacob and my kids. Everyone had their own bowl (except Joseph of course, although Ella at times shared hers with him. The 2 younger observed from the double stroller (Ella being supplied sweet berry treats every couple of minutes, Joseph intermittently napping) The 2 older, for the most part, thoroughly enjoyed picking, especially Anson. They were allowed to eat as much as they wanted... the best part of the deal! We spent about 45 min picking... then headed home to the rest of our day. Later, we treated our selves to a blackberry smoothie, and feeling especially indulgent and kind, topped it with whipped cream. YUM! We were amazed at the intensity of the color!

Before that, I had told Allison I would make her a blackberry pie. Apparently, she told me the word on the street is, that if you supply me with fruit, I would make the best tasting pie ever. I hope it lives up to all it's glory. It's currently cooling off, and awaiting to be eaten. I am sure it won't be long now!

Anson was beside me the whole time helping. He really loves to cook and bake. Tanner offered his help too.

Then of course, a favorite treat while we wait for that pie we slaved on? Extra crust, cooked and sugared to perfect deliciousness. It's sometimes hard for me to share... I often think if I could get away with sneaking them into my room and eating them really quick before anyone notices... but I don't think I would get away with it. Plus, the kids always enjoy them so much too.
5 comments:
we've been goin' crazy @ the cabin too:) had a cobbler there, but brought home more to use like you!! sounds like you could whip up something amazing on your own but i've gotta great recipe if ya still have some left...not all crisps are created equal ya know;)
It sounds like you guys had a fun time picking blackberries! There are none in Idaho. That is reason enough to move back to Washington!
Now that just makes me hungry!!!
I love blackberry picking season. I usually make jam. But that pie look DELICIOUS. You have to give me your pie crust secrets. I'm not so good at pie crust.
That pie DOES look pretty awesome--It's a work of art!
Post a Comment