After leaving Rexburg, we continued south. We blew past everything and headed as far south as we were going on this trip. Provo. We saw the temple, the MTC, some of BYU and then headed north.


There are so many places that we visited in Utah while we were there, but the majority of the time was spent in SLC. Below we start our visit to the Church History Museum. Luckily as soon as we walked in, Devin pointed out to the boys the medallions that they should look for our some displays... it's like a little search and find game! They loved it. Tanner loved finding each one, reading it to us and then looking for the next one.


Ella's favorite part was the replica of the quarters of the inside of the ship some pioneers travelled from Europe in. She spent at least 10-15 minutes here.

Notice how small Anson looks compared to this life size Angel Moroni.

Anson gave a talk from this pulpit. It's a replica of the one from the Tabernacle.

They don't always admit it, but these boys love each other and are best friends.

Ella loved that I let her use markers to color. Coloring is one of her favorite things these days... what was I thinking about the markers though? It was a little messy.

The boy enjoyed working in the nursery taking care of the babies and being doctors for their dad. I think Anson gave Devin about a hundred shots... he shouldn't get sick anytime soon I guess!


We did a LOT of walking and a LOT of driving. Everyone was tired by the end of each day.

The Christus, or as Anson refers to it "Let's go see the BIG Jesus!"

Why not take a nap on the top of the conference center after a long day?

Or play peek-a-boo with the camera


The Tabernacle

The Beehive House, home of Brigham Young



I'm not sure if you are really supposed to or not, but the boys just had to throw coins into this fountain in Temple Square several times.

A replica of an actual pioneer home

The Salt Lake Temple


I am so grateful that families can be together forever!

While in Utah, we stayed with our good friends the Kaholoaa's. Thank you so much for letting us crash at your house! The kids had so much fun with their kids. And their dog Ella.. yes Ella, and Ella loved each other... well, for the most part our Ella liked trying to pick the dog up and hold it like a baby. The dog didn't always like that. Here, Jenna and I played dress up with Ella.

Anson and Emma

Ella & Ella
1 comment:
What an amazing trip you guys had! All the pictures look so beautiful and it sounds like you guys had a really great time. I think it's great that you had a chance to do all of this. I just love the picture of all 3 kids sitting on the stairs in front of the temple. And the one of Ella dressed up with that hot pink wig on... that's hilarious! Glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment