Monday, October 27, 2008
from our garden
Every year I enjoy planting a garden. This year wasn't any different, although the strange weather did some unexpected things and what my garden produced this year was quite different then years past. Nonetheless, we did benefit from many different things. The kids especially love the garden, and it is always hard to keep them out of it. Usually I just let them eat whatever they pick, as long as it is ready to be picked. We enjoyed blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, basil, zucchini, crook neck squash, 1 pumpkin, mint, onions, shallots, peppers and a few more things. Tanner planted sunflowers and out of all the years that I have attempted this feat, he by far grew the tallest, strongest we have ever has. Our beans and peas didn't fair too well as well as a few other lost plants to animals or poor weather, but it is always fun and rewarding.
Above, Ella running to pick and eat as many things as possible before I get to her. Below, a close up of one of Tanner's sunflowers just before it opened to a huge flower. Looks kind of like it could eat you, doesn't it? "Feed me Semour, feed me... wa, haa, haa!"
A few early tomatoes and other things. The tomatoes that we harvested in the last few weeks have been huge and very delicious! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When we get a house, I want you to come over and help me plant a garden! I cant believe how big some of that stuff is. Oh and your strawberries were delicious.
Post a Comment