Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our Summer part 3 - Good Ol' Seattle

Next on our itinerary, was a trip a little up north to Seattle. Some of our favorite places are in Seattle, and it's a fun place to walk around and sight see. Our first stop, Uwajimaya, a large Asian market stocked full of great Japanese food and treats. We were heading to the Mariner's game next, so we wanted to grab some delicious sushi to eat at the game.
 Here are a few native species to Washington, and yes, that ugly thing called a Geoduck (pronounced gooey-duck) really is edible (they're in the clam family) I would often see ships unloading these early in the morning when I worked in downtown Tacoma. Although I haven't ever tried them, I have heard they're delicious.
This man was so nice and really entertained the boys for awhile. Other than the chance to choose their own sushi platter for lunch and look at real Japanese Pokemon cards, this was their favorite part of Uwajimaya.
 
 Lots of fresh local seafood!
 Next stop... Safeco Field to watch the Mariner's Game
The boys were excited to spend time with their cousins
 
 After the game, we took a stroll on the Seattle
waterfront downtown. There are many unique
things (and people) to see along the way
 Seattle's newest attraction, the "Great Wheel"
sits at the end of pier 57


 Mt Rainier is something I miss seeing everyday
 Ferris Wheel, Century Link Field, Safeco Field and Mt Rainier
I love a lot of the architecture and old vines growing on buildings. It was beautiful Washington summer day. I don't think we could have asked for a better day to spend in Seattle.

No comments: