Or is it take me out of the ball game?
So on a particularly over scheduled, busy Saturday, (3 birthday parties!) we rushed off to the game grabbing dinner along the way. As we were nearing the stadium a torrent of rain met us. It eased as we parked and we were able to get into the game, see our friends(who work there) and find a seat before the next down pour greeted us. I think we might have seen one at bat? Everyone in the stadium ran and tried to squish under the one covered area. It was quite eventful. This didn't stop us from having fun though. We met some very friendly people. A young couple behind us took pity on Devin trying to keep Ella's cast dry, and gave us one of their umbrellas. Thank you!
Then another young couple sitting next to us kept watching us... I think they were very entertained. They were also very amused with Anson's picture taking.
(Anson kept making funny faces and making me laugh. I'm not trying to make a silly face, promise!)
The man (who reminded us of Devin's youngest brother) offered to take a picture of all of us. Thank you!
While all this was happening, on the field they had quickly covered the field, and after much waiting, began to bide their time with a little southern slippin' slide! It was pretty funny! It started with the ball/bat girls & boys, and the team helpers... then the team got out there and gave it a try.
Then, before I know it, Anson is doing this...
And that evolved to this...
(there was supposed to be a funny video here, where Anson rips off his shirt and goes running through the rain up and down the seats. Funny and totally unexpected! Alas, I have tried to upload it several times and it is still giving me trouble. So just use your imagination, I guess.)
All I can say is, you gotta love that boy!
He's always up for an adventure, and always ready to make you smile and laugh!
Needless to say, after trying to wait out the rain, we eventually made our way back to the concessions to visit with our friends, eat some treats & try some fresh, hot boiled peanuts (a southern delicacy?) We headed home without seeing much baseball, but overall it was a memorable and fun southern summer night.
1 comment:
oh how we miss you guys!!!=-) True Washingtonians still...didn't let the rain spoil your night!=-) Love catching up w/ you on your blog...someday, I will update ours..you did know that I have a blog now didn't you..incase you didn't, here it is: thearodteam@blogspot.com . Miss you friend..I need to call you sometime..can't ever remember how many hours you are ahead of us..3? Miss you guys, love, Tiff=-)
Post a Comment