Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Easter {Spring Break Day3}

It was a beautiful Easter Day. The weather was wonderful and sunny. The kids enjoyed an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Joseph was the first to find an egg, although we were holding the others back, so does it still count? 
There was a lot of running, a little bit of crying, and always plenty of candy. In the end, everyone walks away happy, and full of sugar. Just what we need, right?!

Here are our observers... and this is what I am typically doing 
(the reason I am often not in any of the pictures)
Here's Joseph playing with Papa Call
After the exciting morning, we settled in to watch the morning session of conference (morning for everyone, except us east coasters - noon for us) We enjoyed the delicious cinnamon rolls that I convinced my mother-in-law to make. [she makes the BEST cinnamon rolls!] 
 
mmm... I can almost taste them now!

Then, between sessions, we went towards downtown to one of the riverwalks. There's a boardwalk next to one of the many rivers that twist their way through this area.
We saw a lot of this along the walk... what a character that boy. Loves to pose for the camera.

 Joseph by far has the most hair of all my babies. I just love it. I'm not ready to cut it yet though...
 Along our walk we found this... now what does it remind you of?
It reminded us of the stone in front of Jesus' tomb. Fitting to find this on Easter!

After our walk, we returned home to watch the final session of conference. We finished the evening with a nice Easter meal. It was delicious! It was a wonderful Easter and sabbath day. It was nice to spend it with family.

2 comments:

grammaDawn said...

What a fun weekend. Looks like you live in a great area. I love the east coast. I didn't realize you were so close to [the] tomb.

Jen Price said...

Beautiful children! Thanks for entering my giveaway and good luck!